Bus line 2, which serves the St. Catherine Cathedral, is temporarily out of service, for an unspecified time.
Starting from Saturday, the 4th of February, line 22 can be used to come from Utrecht central station (Jaarbeurs side) to the museum quarter. You can get out at the stop at Korte Smeestraat to easily reach the St. Catherine’s Cathedral. This stop is just a few meters from the former bus stop Catherijneconvent.
More info in the OV Utrecht website (in dutch): https://u-ov.info/contact/actueel/tijdelijke-pendeldienst-ivm-omleiding-lijn-21/
As usual every third Wednesday of the month we will have our bible study meeting. It will be held at the pastoral center (backside entrance of Saint Augustinus church) Rozenstraat 1 from 19.45′ on the 15th of February 2017.
We have a new volunteer to help with the bible study: Sister Yosé Horne. Let us all come and welcome her and together learn to know better the one after whom we are named.
The bible study will be about John 8:1 – 12.
We will be blessed to count you among us!
In the week of Monday, the 23rd, until Friday, the 27th January it will be in the St. Ludger’s praying chapel, in Utrecht, an official replica of the image of Our Lady of Fatima! This image, brought directly from Fatima, will be exposed during the following couple of months in different places in our diocese.
In the mentioned week, in which the image will stay with the sisters in the chapel, there will be several celebrations:
- Monday, the 23rd of January at 11:00 – Procession with the image of Fatima, with a festive mass celebrated by Fr. Johan Rutgers, which will give his first priest’s blessing.
- Each afternoon, at 15:45 – Praying of the rosaryEach evening, at 18:00 – Festive Vespers
- Tuesday, the 24th of January, from 19:00 to 20:00 – Evening Vigil with dedication to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, following the example of Pope John Paul II
- Thursday, the 26th-27th of January, from 21:00 to 06:00 – Nightly worship. If you wish to participate please send an email to the organizer – Violette van Liebergen: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Ludger’s chapel is located in Sint Willibrordusstraat 34, 3553 SM Utrecht.
The English Mass Coordination team
On behalf of the Taizé community in Utrecht:
Upcoming Thursday, January 19, the doors will be open for our monthly Taizé youthprayer in Utrecht! You are welcome from 20:00 on. There will be the possibility for silence, before the prayer starts at 20:15.
For more information, you can also visit the Facebook event.
We are, by the way, looking for new musicians (preference for piano) and people to strengthen our team! Would you like to join our enthusiastic team and support us once a month with the Taizé prayer preparations. Please let us know via mail or reach out to us before or after the prayer!
We hope to see you Thursday evening!
Reinier van den Assum
Like every year, this January there will be a week of prayer for the unity of Christians all over the world. It will start on the 18th until the 25th.
In our prayer of the 18th of January we will unite with other Christians to pray for that unity. The theme will be ‘Reconciliation: The love of Christ compels us’.
You are welcome to join us at the pastoral center of the St. Augustine church (entrance at the backside of the church at Rozenstraat 1), from 19.45.
The celebrations of the Tridentine Mass (also known as masses in Latin) will continue to be celebrated this year.
The schedule until April is the following:
- 4 January
- 1 February
- 8 March
- 4 April
On these Wednesdays, the mass will be celebrated from 19h to 20h in the St. Rafael church, in Overvecht, Utrecht, as before.
The address of the church is: Lichtenberchdreef 4, 3562 RD Utrecht
You can take any of these buses coming from the center:
- 1: Direction Overvecht and leave on stop Theemsdreef. The church is a 4 minutes walk;
- 3: Direction Overvecht and leave on stop Theemsdreef. The church is a 4 minutes walk;
- 6: Direction Overvecht Zuid and leave on stop Landskroondreef. The church is a 2 minutes walk.
If you are interested please come along! It would be great to have you among us!